Management of cookies
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or device when you visit our websites.
Purpose of cookies
- Remember your login information.
- Identify you when you log on to our websites.
- To collect information that may help us to provide you with advertisements tailored to your interests.
- Remember your browsing preferences such as your language, font size, page layout or preferred colours. All of this is to make browsing our site faster and easier for you.
- Collect analytical information to, for example, count the number of visitors to our websites and identify the pages of our sites that you visit most often. We use the analytical data we collect for marketing and resource planning purposes.
- To determine whether our customers and visitors can easily adapt to changes we may make to our websites.
Information collected through cookies
Cookies help us to collect information about how you use our website, but we do not store any personally identifiable information in our cookie data about you. We only store a unique session ID that will help us to retrieve a user profile and your preferences the next time you visit.
Types of cookies
- Session cookies : Cookies of this type are temporarily stored on your computer or device during a browsing session. They are deleted from your computer or device at the end of the browsing session.
- Permanent cookies : Cookies of this type remain on your computer for longer. Persistent cookies help us to recognise you when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session.
Most browsers have options in the menu to manage your cookies by adjusting or configuring your cookie settings. Typically, the browser will give you the option to:
- to display your cookies;
- to allow cookies;
- to disable all cookies, or only specific cookies;
- disable all cookies when you close your browser;
- to block cookies;
- to be informed when you receive a cookie.
Please note that if you choose to block our cookies, most of the functionality of this site will be disabled (including registration, posting comments and other interaction) and your browsing may also be affected. If you set your browser options to delete all cookies, your browsing preferences will be erased when you close your browser.
Please note that unless you have set your browser to reject cookies, our system will issue cookies whenever you visit one of our sites.
More information on cookies
To learn more about cookies, please visit the CNIL page: